Request 20: PWG3 - SMASH AuAu 11 GeV

Request

We would like to make a request for a new MC production with the SMASH [1] as an input event

Collisions: AuAu @ 11.0 GeV, min. bias.

Number of events: 2 mln (the final number will be smaller due to empty events in SMASH, see below).

Config

Here is the config file containing all the necessary settings of MC simulations. Since I cannot upload the fike itself, I am just copypasting its content below:

Version: 1.8
Logging:
{}
General:
Modus: Collider
Time_Step_Mode: Fixed
Delta_Time: 0.1
End_Time: 200.0
Randomseed: -1
Nevents: 2000
Output:
Output_Interval: 200.0
Particles:
Format: [Root]
Extended: True
Only_Final: IfNotEmpty
Collision_Term:
Strings: True
Force_Decays_At_End: True
Modi:
Collider:
Projectile:
Particles: {2212: 79, 2112: 118} #Au
Target:
Particles: {2212: 79, 2112: 118} #Au
Sqrtsnn: 11
Fermi_Motion: on
Impact:
Sample: quadratic
Range: [0.0, 20.0]

Notes:

• In order to get min. bias collisions, impact parameter range is set to a range (0, 20) fm with a quadratic distribution.
  • As an output, SMASH will produce ROOT-files only (Oscar1999 output is Off).
  • The current setting is 2000 events per run.
  • The flag Only_Final is set to IfNotEmpty, which means that events with no interaction are not written. => Number of events in output root-files from SMASH will be smaller than 2000. With the current configuration, a fraction of empty events is expected to be ≈45%. Please launch it “as is”.
  • Random seed is set to “-1” - it means that the seed will be randomly generated by the operating system.
  • Extended output format

Details of the request

1. We would like to keep generator-level events (i.e. root-files from SMASH) in order to be able to analyse the output from SMASH directly.
  2. The output files will have to be copied and stored at NICA cluster, if possible.

[1] SMASH (Simulating Many Accelerated Strongly-interacting Hadrons) is a relativistic hadronic transport approach for the dynamical description of heavy ion reactions - https://smash-transport.github.io/ .

Do production need to be on SMASH-2.0 or can I use SMASH-1.8? 1.8 is already in the form of a module in cvmfs, but there are no problems to build 2.0 either, it just takes a little time, I do not have permission to build modules in cvmfs, and administrators can be busy now.

@amoshkin SMASH 1.8 is good.

Done: /eos/nica/mpd/sim/models/smash/AuAu/11.0GeV-mb/AuAu-11.0GeV-mp12-21-pwg3-2000ev
Shortest production, less than 3 hours.
Now we still in production on request18, I had to wait 1.5 days to complete the current tasks of the request18 in queue in order to start your production tasks.