Request 19: PWG 3 - pp&9 GeV UrQMD

I would like to request production of proton-proton collisions to study the fluctuations (PWG3).
The simulation details are the following:

• 10 M proton-proton collisions
  • UrQMD model
  • standard reconstruction chain (dev version), dst + minidst files
  • Energy sNN=9.2 GeV
    Before we go into full analysis I would like to look at smaller sample like 100k events.
    inputfile (99 Bytes)

Good afternoon.
I can’t start production yet.
We are now completing the transition to new versions of FAIR software. Unfortunately, not all clusters have additional packages necessary for working with new versions.
The previous request is now working on the GOVORUN. On TIER clusters I am waiting until everything that is needed is installed. How long it will take to say is difficult.

Dear Andrey,

Thanks for the quick response!
We all will hope that this request can be started to product this year.

Best regards,
Konstantin Mikhaylov
PWG3 convenor

I really hope so, but I’m not sure. We have almost finished the transition to new versions of fair software, there are a couple of details left to figure out. But people who do this yesterday confirmed covid. I don’t know if they will be able to work in the near future. Unfortunately, I do not have the rights to deploy modules in cvmfs. Should the production have been done on geant4 or geant3?

Dear Andrey,

Thank you for the news.
I wish people who got coronavirus disease a speedy recovery!

I do not know about the Geant version. Daniel, please, let us know about the version.

Best regards,
Konstantin

Dear Andrey,
Currently we have not a requirement of use specific version of geant, therefore I would use geant3.

QA done.
dst: /eos/nica/mpd/sim/data/exp/dst-pp-09.2GeV-mp12-21-250ev/pp/09.2GeV-mb/UrQMD/pp-09.2GeV-mp12-21-250ev
minidst:/eos/nica/mpd/sim/data/MiniDst/dst-pp-09.2GeV-mp12-21-250ev/pp/09.2GeV-mb/UrQMD/pp-09.2GeV-mp12-21-250ev
I’m not sure if everything worked out as it should with the newer versions of the fair software. Please take a look at the results in detail. We completed the tasks too quickly, although the reason may be that this is pp.

Hi,
I think there is one problem - the dst files contain cbmsim tree (not the mpdsim) so when I try to analyze dst it crash due to lack of mpdsim.
Minidst seems to be fine.

Sorry, the new mpdroot deployment system is not fully debugged yet, we figured out what was wrong, when this is fixed, I will redo the QA

New QA set in the same place. Sorry for the delay with this production. The request coincided with the switch to a new version of fair and the switch to a new scheme for working with the MPD software. We did not expect new requests at the end of the year.

Done.
dst: /eos/nica/mpd/sim/data/exp/dst-pp-09.2GeV-mp12-21-250ev/pp/09.2GeV-mb/UrQMD/pp-09.2GeV-mp12-21-250ev
minidst:/eos/nica/mpd/sim/data/MiniDst/dst-pp-09.2GeV-mp12-21-250ev/pp/09.2GeV-mb/UrQMD/pp-09.2GeV-mp12-21-250ev
40 000 files with 250 events each

Thank you, now files can be processed with standard installation.